Sunday, May 17, 2009

End of a great year

Another great year in Athens has come to a close. We closed up shop at Wesley a couple weeks ago and are settling in for the summer now. The end of the year is always a bittersweet experience for me, as I am so excited about the next year and all that the Lord has in store for us, but am also so sad to see so many good friends moving on. Seeing all the people leave is definitely one of the hardest parts of my job, but that is just part of the nature of college ministry, especially when most of your staff is made up of one-year interns! I will especially miss my 6 freshmen interns, as we had some wonderful times together. Thankfully, a bunch of them will be around next year!

This was easily the best and most fruitful year I've had in the ministry. I've said it before and I'll say it again: God is really doing something special in Athens. This year's group of freshmen was especially great. They are one of the most mature groups of freshmen I've worked with. While most of the freshmen we work with are either new to the faith or developing a personal relationship for the first time, many of these freshmen are already fired up for the Lord and excited about sharing their faith with the people around them. I will never get tired of watching these freshmen students hunger and thirst for the Lord.

It took a while, but Christina is beginning to settle into her routine at the coffeehouse. It was a crazy busy few months after it opened, but things are settling down now. They're getting ready to weather the storm that is the summer when all of the college students are home for the summer!

We praise God for all that He has done this year! He is so good and it is always so amazing to see all that He is doing here in Athens. We are forever grateful to be a part of all that He is doing here!

No comments: