Sunday, March 1, 2009

Heading to Jamaica!

Hey everybody! Preparations are coming together as we get ready for our trip to Jamaica. I'm sitting in my living room as it is dumping snow outside my window, dreaming of the beautiful sunshine of Montego Bay. I am ready! I'll be heading down on Tuesday, March 3rd with one of my interns, Keenan Klayman, as we will finalize everything before Christina and the rest of the students come down on Friday.

It looks like we'll be building houses, repairing roofs, fixing fences, meeting Jamaican kids, going to infirmaries, orphanages, and detention homes, and I'm sure lots more. Please pray the Lord's blessings on our team as we travel down there. Pray that the Lord will keep us safe both on the way there as well as on the trip itself. Pray that the Lord will use us to be a blessing to the people of Jamaica and for us to shine His light on them while we are there. Also, pray that the Lord will use this trip to transform the lives of these freshmen as they experience things they probably have not seen here in America.

We will return Saturday, March 14th during the evening. Looking forward to a great trip! God bless and I'll be sure to have an update here once we get back!

Stephen

No comments: